From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Herd likely up for grabs: kernel-misc
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 17:34:33
1 On 18 Jan 2016 00:57, Joshua Kinard wrote:
2 > On 01/17/2016 14:57, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > Hello, everyone.
4 > >
5 > > The current maintainers of kernel-misc herd so far haven't replied to
6 > > our queries. If we don't get any reply in a week, we will be disbanding
7 > > it and looking for new maintainers for its packages.
8 > >
9 > > Is anyone interested in keeping the herd as a whole and maintaining all
10 > > of its packages? If nobody replies till 2016-01-24, the herd will be
11 > > automatically disbanded and I will be sending a complete list of
12 > > packages needing maintainers.
13 > >
14 > > Packages currently in herd along with their other maintainers:
17 > [snip]
18 >
19 > > sys-apps/kexec-tools :
20 >
21 > Better suited for base-system, maybe?
22 >
23 > [snip]
24 >
25 > > sys-fs/jfsutils :
26 >
27 > Definitely base-system, as xfsprogs is already maintained by them.
28
29 sounds fine for both. generally fs tools probably should live under
30 base-system for consistency.
31 -mike