From: Ian Phillips <ianp@×××××.com>
To: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xfree
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:32:44
1 Hi Seemant,
2
3 I think this move is a great idea. I've wanted to see this happen for
4 quite a while really but it always looked like a lot of work and testing
5 would be needed and I don't really have the time.
6
7 As for removing all fonts from xfree, I think it's a good idea in
8 principle but of fairly low priority. I can see a time in the future
9 when xfree won't use any unscaled fonts at all, everything will be
10 {open|true}type or PS, but while there are still apps that use unscaled
11 fonts it may be better to just leave the 75/100 dpi stuff as part of
12 xfree. I guess I don't really have to much of an opinion on this one.
13
14 That said, I'll rebuild xfree tonight and get testing your stuff
15 straight away!
16
17 Cheers,
18 Ian.
21 #ifndef __COMMON_SENSE__ | Ian Phillips
22 #include <std_disclaimer> | TIBCO Software Inc.
23 #endif | www.tibco.com
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list