From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Tony Clark <tclark@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Winex and glibc
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 05:24:49
1 On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 07:17:40AM +0200, Tony Clark wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 22 July 2003 04.35, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 > > Hash: SHA1
5 > >
6 > > i wouldnt suggest trying to downgrade ... i'm pretty sure it'll leave your
7 > > box usuable (well it'll leave glibc unusable and thats usually your whole
8 > > box :D)
9 > >
10 > > you can (if you dont mind shelling out $5) buy the binary versions from
11 > > transgaming ... those work with the newest glibc ...
12 > > - -mike
13 > >
14 > Don't buy codeweavers wine stuff as it doesn't work with the latest version of
15 > glibc. I'll be downgrading glibc soon. Built glibc with nptl support as
16 > someone here said it would work that way but it doesn't here. There is also
17 > a bug in the glibc ebuild when you enable nptl, which I must report.
18 >
19 > tony
22 Downgrading glibc is a bad idea... anything built against the newer
23 glibc version will break...
26 Jon Portnoy
27 avenj/irc.freenode.net
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list