From: Heinrich Wendel <lanius@g.o>
To: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] VIRTUAL: tftp
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:44:47
1 On Sunday 19 October 2003 19:28, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 10:19, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > We currently have netkit-tftpd, aftpd and tftp-hpa. I think a
6 > > virtual/tftpd would be a good idea, each should have a block on
7 > > virtual/tftpd, as i can see no reason for installing two tftp servers,
8 > > and they all install "/usr/sbin/in.tftpd". See also bug #25440, what do
9 > > you think?
10 >
11 > I think it is a very good idea. This way ebuilds could just depend
12 > against the virtual. Which do you plan on making the default? My vote
13 > is with tftp-hpa.
14
15 I would vote for netkit-tftp as it also has support for mips (not sure though
16 if mips is still officially supported by gentoo).
17
18 mfg, Heinrich
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list