From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New category for version control
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 22:19:36
1 Hi,
2
3 Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>:
4 > Is that a good idea?
5 > Maybe we should restrict the bug to status updates on moving and keep
6 > discussions on here?
7
8 I don't expect too many discussions. :)
9
10 > > Anyone can start moving the packages
11 > > over properly to dev-vcs (with profiles/updates entries of course),
12 >
13 > There seems to be a lot more to it:
14 > - Updating eclasses?
15 > - Updating reverse dependencies?
16
17 That is the normal procedure when pkgmoving a package. So nothing
18 special. :)
19
20 > - Updating documentation
21
22 A simple grep for dev-util/ should be sufficient.
23
24 > - Pushing news out to Gentoo users (and developers)
25
26 For what? pkgmove should handle that.
27
28 > - Update package names used in Layman (my task)
29
30 Yes.
31
32 > What else can you think of?
33
34 At the moment, nothing.
35
36 V-Li
39 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
40 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
41
42 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>