From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Democracy: No silver bullet
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:55:54
1 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen wrote:
2 > On Thursday 24 August 2006 02:17, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >> All in all, the vocal minority has done a splendid job of becoming more
4 >> influential, crippling Gentoo's ability to do anything at all about its
5 >> members, their flames, their outstanding work at ruining people's fun
6 >> and enjoyment of Gentoo, and their waste of everyone else's time.
7 > Then vote for someone else.
8
9 What? This doesn't make any sense. People bitching and moaning and
10 screaming all over -dev until no one else has any interest in pursuing
11 anything has nothing to do with who I vote for.
12
13 >> If I could go back in time a couple of years and prevent this democracy
14 >> from ever happening, I would. If I could fix these problems myself, I
15 >> would. But it requires buy-in from the entire Gentoo community if we're
16 >> to do anything about it.
17 > I was only a dev for a few months with drobbins so I don't really have any
18 > personal experience from that part of the Gentoo history but I definately
19 > would not like to abandon the Foundation and work under some arbitrary chief.
20
21 This has nothing to do with the foundation, it manages our intellectual
22 property and finances.
23
24 I'd rather work under an arbitrary leader than no leader at all.
25
26 Thanks,
27 Donnie