From: Andreas Voegele <voegelas@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: All Developers!
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 09:04:11
1 Mikael Hallendal writes:
2
3 > We should write some spec. on how ebuilds should look like
4 > (guidelines for style) and then make a emacs and a vi mode for
5 > editing ebuilds that controls the style.
6
7 If only tabs and *no* spaces were allowed at the beginning of lines it
8 would be very easy to check ebuild scripts for wrong spaces.
9
10 We could rip the required code from the Emacs Makefile mode, which
11 checks for suspicious tabs and highlights these areas when a user
12 tries to save the Makefile.
13
14 BTW, if a single tab was used in front of dependencies the output
15 would look like this:
16
17 tabwidth 4:
18
19 DEPEND="virtual/glibc
20 virtual/x11
21 RDEPEND="virtual/glibc
22 virtual/x11
23
24 tabwidth 8:
25
26 DEPEND="virtual/glibc
27 virtual/x11
28 RDEPEND="virtual/glibc
29 virtual/x11
30
31 IMHO both outputs look good, and with this solution developers could
32 still set the tabwidth to 4 or 8.
35 Andreas