From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 00:08:50
1 On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 7:54 PM, Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o> wrote:
2 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 >> I do feel that this decision reflects badly on us as a community and
5 >> should be reversed immediately. The proper way to deal with people who
6 >> have bad behavior is to deal with them individually and not put a
7 >> restriction on the community that is not necessary.
8 >
9 > I agree with William. Dealing with individuals makes more sense.
10 >
11 > It boils down to an attitude of assuming outsiders are good (blacklist
12 > to ML) or bad (whitelist to ML) by default.
13
14 Actually, I think it is more of a technical constraint. It is
15 basically impossible to blacklist somebody on a mailing list, since
16 all they need to do is roll up a new email address.
17
18 I can think of various arguments for whitelisting or not whitelisting,
19 but it seems silly to blacklist.
22 Rich