From: Jano Lukac <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ways to help?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:10:17
1 bugs.gentoo.org for all your daily pleasures, such as ebuild submission
2 (c/f http://www.gentoo.org/doc/ebuild-submit.html ), and volunteer fix-em-
3 up lists. :P
4
5 Aadi Deshpande said:
6 > Like everyone else, I'd like to start by thanking the makers of Gentoo
7 > for an incredible(!!!) distro. You've given me the best reason to
8 > start to ditch my Windows machines at work and at home. I have to say,
9 > this is linux the way it was meant to be.
10 >
11 > My question is simple: where are you guys looking for volunteers? I've
12 > been working with Gentoo since RC6 and I felt it was time to start
13 > helping out. I checked on the website for a volunteer task list or
14 > something to that effect, but I'm not sure if it's not posted or if I'm
15 > not looking in the right place.
16 >
17 > I've been making some ebuilds in my spare time, mainly for packages
18 > that I'm interested in, but I haven't had the urge or the knowhow to
19 > submit them.
20 >
21 > I've also been in #gentoo on OPN helping people out, so if there's FAQ
22 > maintenance that I could help with, that would be great.
23 >
24 > I also know Python pretty well ( but I hear Portage 2 is in C++, so I
25 > may not be as effective helping there. )
26 >
27 > Thanks in advance for your replies.
28 >
29 > Aadi
37 > Do You Yahoo!?
38 > Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
39 > http://taxes.yahoo.com/
41 > gentoo-dev mailing list
42 > gentoo-dev@g.o