From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900 UTC
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:53:38
1 Grant Goodyear wrote: [Tue Sep 13 2005, 11:40:43AM CDT]
2 > I'm not sure that's entirely correct. I seem to remember at least one
3 > devrel dev stating that when it comes to devs who violate technical
4 > policies (not using repoman, repeatedly breaking sections of the tree,
5 > etcetera) that enforcement should be left up to the appropriate
6 > managers, not devrel. The argument was that devrel devs are often not
7 > experts in the technical aspects, so it's hard for them to adjudicate
8 > effectively.
9
10 I should also mention that I'm not advocating this interpretation. I'd
11 much prefer that devrel's scope encompass such technical issues.
12
13 -g2boojum-
14 --
15 Grant Goodyear
16 Gentoo Developer
17 g2boojum@g.o
18 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
19 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76