From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About how to handle wxGTK based packages with gnome profiles
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 07:13:17
1 On 4/10/12 8:58 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > Other option would be to enable "wxwidgets" by default for that
3 > profiles.
4
5 I prefer this. Changing USE flag meaning in a counter-intuitive way (to
6 let "gtk" mean "wxwidgets") would seem frustrating to me.
7
8 With "wxwidgets" enabled by default people will get the most likely
9 desired result (i.e. GUI) "out of the box", and setting USE="-wxwidgets"
10 will have desired effect.
11
12 Note that with USE="gtk" really meaning USE="wxwidgets", -wxwidgets
13 would have no effect on such a package, which is the potentially
14 surprising behavior I mentioned earlier.