From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: qa@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo commit in xml/htdocs/proj/en/qa: index.xml
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 02:37:01
For those who wouldn't get qa@g.o mail, Tomáš has also requested retirement from qa, in :
> Markos for one you and vapier are the reason why i left the team because > otherwise i would have to kick both of you out.
So I'd like to know how you can even pretend to count four members when: - one retired because other members of the team decided to do as they like; - two has been kicked out for playing along just if they can also make the rules (as soon as a rule was enacted that they didn't like they decided to ignore it, even under request to either not do so or be removed from QA); - you decided to retire because I applied a warning I had sent in advance (on April 30th). Or maybe are you counting Sven who I haven't heard from in a year or two, and whose autorepoman mail has stopped coming ... probably before you ever became a developer? Maybe I scream in private, but what you three (keeping Tomáš out of this) are doing is crying in public because you're no longer allowed to poop in the sandbox you should keep clean. Do note that it was even your words:
> I am sorry but having elections every few months is not a solution. > First we need to clean up the team, then become "team", then have > elections.
Which is exactly what I'm going to do: I'm going to make sure that the team is on the same page: policies has to be followed, or they need to be changed. Which doesn't look like either of them (nor you I guess) want to do. I'm pretty sure I didn't ask much to the team beside actually following what the council decided. Finally, I'd like to point out that neither my character nor my actions have changed the slightest since the mail that Peper quoted — yet I was elected as team leader; it looks like though people wanted me to scream at anyone else beside them — too easy that way. And the only two people in the team who bothered to cast a vote (Luca and Christian), seems not to have an issue with me keeping this way. So, this might hurt your feelings, but I'm not really sorry to see you leave. As I said before I had been disappointed when people I had a high esteem of decided that rules shouldn't apply to them. -- Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes