From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [Re: [gentoo-dev] AA and KDE in gentoo - still not solved - anyone uses AA here?]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:00:06
1 Thanks Dan,
2
3 I will try your ideas as soon as I get home.
4
5 As to some other details of my setup:
6
7 I have XF864.1, I guess I use the nv driver since I have a RIVA TNT2 M64.
8 (I do not use the binary only drivers from NVIDIA)
9
10 Other than that pretty much everything is stock Gentoo_RC5 from the iso.
11 (inluding QT, KDE, X and all the rest)
12
13 I have not compiled any one of them by myself. (Installed with --usepkg)
14 I got truetype fonts installed (the MS ones - arial times MS etc.)
15 I use the XftConfig which I found in the truetype directory.
16
17 I have set arial font in kcontrol for almost everything.
18
19 I let you know how the evironment troubles evolve...
20
21 Viktor
24 Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o> wrote:
25 > This sounds really strange. I never had AA problems. This may not be very
26 > relevant, but what X driver module are you using?
27 >
28 > However this shouldn't be relevant at all. Starting from version 2.3.0, qt
29 is
30 > compiled to use AA by default! Maybe for some reason when you compiled qt
31 > this broke. Try recompiling qt yourself (not from the ebuild) and make sure
32
33 > AA is on (the output of configure will tell you), then point QTDIR to your
34 > new qt temporarily and start kde.
35 >
36 > Other than that, this sounds like possible font trouble. Make sure you have
37
38 > TTF fonts installed (for example install the app-text/freefonts and
39 > app-text/sharefonts gentoo packages). Then in kcontrol, go to the fonts
40 > dialog and make sure you have these ttf fonts selected (e.g. Verdana). Then
41
42 > restart KDE.
43 >
44 > As for env. var. settings trouble, make sure your startkde script is
45 modified
46 > to use --login, then edit /etc/env.d/09qt to include QT_XFT=1.
49 > This is all I can think of. HTH.
52 > --
53 >
54 > Dan Armak