From: Lars Pechan <lars.pechan@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libGLcore error
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 17:14:55
1 Very short summary:
2
3 There is a problem with nvidia opengl acceleration. AFAIK it only happens when
4 using the latest binutils (2.12.x). I believe it's caused by nvidia's
5 libGL.so not having been built with -lgcc_s as a linker directive. Previous
6 versions of binutils would have made up for that by re-exporting the
7 necessary symbols from libgcc_s but when using the latest version that no
8 longer happens.
9
10 Two phased workaround:
11
12 At linktime, i.e when building/doing emerges:
13 Make sure xfree's opengl implementation is active, i.e. that the libGL.so
14 symlink points to xfree's libGL.so, not nvidia's.
15
16 opengl-update xfree
17 emerge pkg
18 opengl-update nvidia
19
20 (using LDFLAGS=-lgcc_s emerge pkg should also work).
21
22 At runtime:
23 Either add /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 to /etc/ld.so.preload or use LD_PRELOAD on
24 libgcc_s. If you go for the ld.so.preload option you need to make sure you
25 re-enter the line of text after doing an rsync as rsync overwrites it
26
27 Not perfect by any means but gets the job done and is really quite painless.
28
29 For more in-depth info, check out the gcc3 forum.
30
31 /Lasse
32