From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo git workflows and the stabilization/keywording process
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:29:59
1 On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Mon, 22 Sep 2014, hasufell wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_git_workflow
5 >
6 >>>> But so far, not many people have been particularly interested in
7 >>>> the details of these things. I'm also not sure if the ML is the
8 >>>> right way to figure out these details.
9 >
10 > Another issue, should we require "Signed-off-by:" lines? At least for
11 > things that are contributed by users?
12 >
13 > We could just use the same rules for it as outlined in Linux
14 > documentation (see Documentation/SubmittingPatches, especially
15 > "Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1").
18 Thanks for bringing this up. I had circulated the start of a proposal
19 on this a year ago:
20 http://dev.gentoo.org/~rich0/copyrightpolicy.xml
21
22 We didn't really take it further, but instituting just the DCO
23 component of this policy using git signed-off-by lines should be
24 fairly non-controversial. The FLA probably needs some review/etc but
25 the intent was for that to be optional. The DCO is based on the linux
26 DCO.
29 Rich