From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Please stop useless removals
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 12:23:10
1 On 01/02/2013 13:07, Michael Weber wrote:
2 > Making up new situations up like cross-dev, Gentoo/Prefix, or jet
3 > another cluttered C compiler should not doom working software.
4
5 Which would be all fine and dandy ....
6
7 > I agree on your testing effort and practice, but compliance with the
8 > weirdest of all setups shouldn't be ultimate reason.
9
10 ... if you had a clue on what you were saying.
11
12 The tinderbox _by design_ is not testing "weirdest of all setups", it's
13 testing baseline. And if nobody's interested in getting (example)
14 media-video/w3cam working (#247917 — last activity on the bug by me on
15 2010; last activity by someone else in 2008!), I don't see why it should
16 be kept in tree.
17
18 Bloody hell, I wonder how many people complaining about removing
19 packages are actually using said packages, rather that complaining on
20 principles!
23 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
24 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/