From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 19, reloaded (again)
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 09:50:10
1 On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 01:04:49AM -0400 or thereabouts, Dylan Carlson wrote:
2 > However, if we propose using a different tree, repo or branch tags for
3 > enterprise, I'm not a big fan of that approach. IMO it should be taken
4 > incrementally; that is, get it to work in the existing tree w/ new
5 > profiles, and if there is some implementation problem getting enterprise
6 > to co-exist with everything else, move it out.
7
8 The only "extra" thing we've talked about so far is a separate rsync module
9 that has the --delete option removed (but is otherwise identical to the
10 gentoo-portage module)
11
12 Come up with a better way to *guarantee* ebuilds stay in the tree for a
13 minimum length of time and I'm all for it.
14
15 --kurt