From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for kde3 beta etc.
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 11:28:53
1 On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 06:57:42PM +0200, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I'm working on the (final) depend.eclass version selection routine. I should
5 > finish it today and then I'll move on to writing ebuilds for kde3-beta1 and
6 > later kde3 cvs[up], which I'll put on some site for people like e.g. woodchip
7 > (who is working on this too from some angle) et al to use/test. So when we
8 > come to kde3 final we'll have long-used, well-tested ebuilds right away :-)
9 >
10 > A few Qs:
11 >
12 > 1. If the FHS say only binary stuff goes in /opt, where would I put several
13 > KDEs-in-testing? /usr/kde-$ver?
14
15 Whatever makes sense; just don't use /opt.
16
17 > 2. Where should I put these ebuilds (as patches to portage)? I curently have
18 > no personal site; I could use sourceforge or something similar, but a
19 > collection of packages for a distribution doesn't really seem to fit
20 > sourceforge's purposes (marginally). Maybe we should just put them on
21 > gentoo.org somewhere? After all, they won't be at all large. Or just do cvs
22 > branches :-)
23
24 Can you just put them on Portage and add them to package.mask?
27 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
28 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
29 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.