From: "Róbert Čerňanský" <openhs@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Things one could be upset about
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 20:44:39
1 On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 18:33:45 +0300
2 Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 14:45:51 +0000 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 > > The problem isn't the constants, though. The problem is the
6 > > resolution algorithm. There's not much point tweaking performance
7 > > until the resolver is fixed to produce a correct answer...
8 >
9 > Oh, this was discussed so many times already... There is NO single
10 > correct solution to such problems. And some mathematically correct
11 > solutions are impractical (e.g. half of the tree rebuild), so other
12 > ones which are good enough are preferred. As long as imperfect
13 > solution works fine, I'm ok with it.
14
15 From my point of view it would do much help if portage resolves USE
16 dependencies automatically instead of telling the user to change USE
17 flags manually (I am talking about bug #258371).
18
19 Robert
23 Róbert Èeròanský
24 E-mail: openhs@×××××××××.com