From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:01:23
1 On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 21:45:58 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 > Just a general comment not aimed at this particular part of the thread
4 > - a solution doesn't have to be perfect to be useful.
5
6 Wrong. The reason everything is such a mess at the moment is precisely
7 because we've accumulated so much "good enough" and "not thinking your
8 cunning plan all the way through" that nothing is actually correct any
9 more. It's one thing to get away with this occasionally, but quite
10 another to build an entire system upon it. We can't afford more
11 mistakes, and we have to actively fix existing ones.
14 Ciaran McCreesh