From: Ralph Seichter <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: mail-filter/milter-regex pull request #10004
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2018 20:36:22
1 * Michael Orlitzky:
2
3 > It's an open secret that packages maintained by
4 > category-name@g.o are in reality unmaintained; or are
5 > maintained by one guy (who may or may not be on the alias).
6
7 As somebody who did not know that, and who was three weeks ago told to
8 contact the Net-Mail team, I find this more than a little annoying. My
9 time is just as valuable as everybody else's, after all. Why not flag
10 packages with "needs maintainer" if the listed team is basically a
11 mirage? When searching for Gentoo packages, I thought that if a team was
12 listed as maintainers it was a sign that the package was well cared for,
13 but from what I hear today that seems to be a misconception on my end.
14
15 > Looking at the milter-regex history... you're the only person who
16 > cares about it, so I think eventually the proxy maintainers should
17 > just merge the PR barring any technical issues.
18
19 Several developers stepped up today to help with this PR, for which I am
20 grateful. Thanks to Lars Wendler, Michał Górny and Craig Andrews (in
21 order of appearance) for picking up the ball. Milter-regex has now
22 officially been passed into my and the Proxy Maintainer team's care and
23 the pull request was merged.
24
25 Standing on the outside looking in, I see a very busy P.M. team.
26 Possibly too busy, as I mentioned before. Is this team bearing more load
27 than others? Should responsibility be redistributed? I don't know the
28 answers, but I can't avoid asking myself these questions.
29
30 -Ralph