From: Ralph Seichter <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: mail-filter/milter-regex pull request #10004
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2018 20:36:22
* Michael Orlitzky:

> It's an open secret that packages maintained by > category-name@g.o are in reality unmaintained; or are > maintained by one guy (who may or may not be on the alias).
As somebody who did not know that, and who was three weeks ago told to contact the Net-Mail team, I find this more than a little annoying. My time is just as valuable as everybody else's, after all. Why not flag packages with "needs maintainer" if the listed team is basically a mirage? When searching for Gentoo packages, I thought that if a team was listed as maintainers it was a sign that the package was well cared for, but from what I hear today that seems to be a misconception on my end.
> Looking at the milter-regex history... you're the only person who > cares about it, so I think eventually the proxy maintainers should > just merge the PR barring any technical issues.
Several developers stepped up today to help with this PR, for which I am grateful. Thanks to Lars Wendler, Michał Górny and Craig Andrews (in order of appearance) for picking up the ball. Milter-regex has now officially been passed into my and the Proxy Maintainer team's care and the pull request was merged. Standing on the outside looking in, I see a very busy P.M. team. Possibly too busy, as I mentioned before. Is this team bearing more load than others? Should responsibility be redistributed? I don't know the answers, but I can't avoid asking myself these questions. -Ralph