From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New item for sys-kernel/hardened-sources removal
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 20:04:11
1 El 15/08/17 a las 17:50, R0b0t1 escribió:
2 > Where was this decision discussed?
3 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-hardened/message/62ebc2e26d91e8f079197c2c83788cff
4
5 And many other threads in that list for example, those are just blueness
6 (the package maintainer) conclussions.
7 > The last available kernel is
8 > apparently receiving long term support, there may not be any reason to
9 > remove it.
10 Not by the original upstream, and definitively not in the way in which
11 Grsec used to (manually cherrypicking security related commits and not
12 just those marked as security related).
13
14 Although minipli's kernel patches are good and I personally recommend
15 them, this is not something the Gentoo Hardened team will do. Also they
16 probably should be renamed something else.
17 > If it isn't broken and creating work yet I'm not sure why
18 > anyone cares.
19
20 Go to #gentoo-hardened and see how there is people asking about this
21 again and again :P