From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AA and KDE in gentoo - still not solved - anyone uses AA here?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:01:15
1 On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 09:17:19AM +0100, Viktor Lakics wrote:
2
3 > Then I tried to put QT_XFT=1 to the startkde script in various places -
4 > nothing happened. I even tried to shutdown kdm to console mode, and log in
5 > again to a normal konsole, set QT_XFT=1, export QT_XFT, and then start kdm -
6 > no dice.
7
8 QT_XFT is a good way to selectively *disable* AA for various apps, but it should
9 be enabled by going to the KDE control center -> look and feel -> style -> and then
10 selecting "Use antialiasing for fonts and icons". When you restart KDE, you should
11 then have antialiased fonts, and you can use QT_XFT=0 to disable AA for apps like
12 konsole.
13
14 Hope that helps,
17 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>