From: Jeremy Winick <jeremy.winick@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gentoo social contract
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:08:56
1 I just found out about your project from an O'Reilly web article.
2 Sounds very interesting. However, when I went to your web site and
3 looked at the pages, I saw Nvidia logo. Now how can one as my experience
4
5 serves, use Nvidia graphics boards with Open GL without Nvidia
6 proprietary
7 code. I have been using RH 7.3 on a Dell with Nvidia and I must "taint"
8 the
9 kernel to include Nvidia's proprietary 3-D kernel modules. Do you have
10 another way, such as open source drivers that work well. You must if
11 you use Nvidia and support games (I am not really a gamer so I guess I
12 could get away without using Nvidia's code).
17 Jeremy Winick
18 jeremy.winick@×××××××.net
19 10 Paul Revere Rd
20 Acton, MA 01720