From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cdrtools license issues
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 02:35:35
1 On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 06:13:51PM -0700, Peter Gordon wrote:
2 > Carsten Lohrke wrote:
3 > > Imho we have to remove the partly and incompatible relicensed cdrtools-2.01.01
4 > > alpha ebuilds from the tree.
5 >
6 > I completely agree. In fact, Fedora Development also had to revert this change
7 > due to the same licensing issues a couple of weeks ago. (See the thread spawned
8 > from the 20060817 rawhide report [1].)
9
10 No, they had to do this because they are distributing a built binary,
11 same as Debian. We don't do that, so there is no issue for us[1]. See
12 my other response in this thread for details.
13
14 thanks,
15
16 greg k-h
17
18 [1] As long as we take the binary off the live cd and the install image.
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list