From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conveying important upgrade messages to user community
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:50:19
1 On Tuesday 16 November 2004 19:14, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > When I moved fonts in X to /usr/share/fonts, I not only had a long
3 > einfo, but it sat there for about 15 seconds and beeped at you.
4
5 The only thing that would make me see that info would probably be the fact
6 that I would probably merge X as the last package in a long merge, otherwise
7 even this 15 seconds of beeping would go unnoticed in the screen session, if
8 I were to say merge kde right after that...
9
10 > Part of that may be due to it simply being fixed by running etc-update
11
12 That might indeed be the case. Actually I think this is probably _the_
13 explanation.
14
15 > and also warning about the deprecated location for a while before
16 > obsoleting it.
17
18 I have not merged X for quite a long time now. (ls /var/db/pkg/x11-base: Dec
19 21 2003 xfree-4.3.0-r3). Actually I tried to merge x.org a few days ago, but
20 it did not compile and I didn't have the time to have a look at it. Too bad
21 you don't support XFree anymore in the nvidia ebuilds (a warning that makes
22 the build _die_) although x.org does not compile for some ppl (yeah I know
23 I'm gonna bugreport as soon as I get the time to try the build again)
26 Alex
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list