From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 19, reloaded (again)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:13:17
1 On Monday 09 August 2004 19:01, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > One think that I think *everyone* agrees on is that any stable tree needs
3 > to be regularly updated with security fixes. With this in mind, I'm
4 > concerned with trying to maintain multiple separate SYNC modules. We'd
5 > have to upgrade each one with every GLSA, thus doubling or tripling the
6 > amount of CVS work needed each time.
7
8 One quick hack is to just sync the full tree to the stable tree without the
9 --delete option, so that everything old stays and we get all of the new
10 programs. Any updates we want to activate would need to be modified in the
11 profiled mask files. No CVS work for the tree involved here.
12
13 -C
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list