From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:34:59
1 Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 03:06:17AM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 >
4 >> This is your one-day friendly reminder ! The monthly Gentoo Council
5 >> meeting is tomorrow in #gentoo-council on irc.freenode.net. See the
6 >> channel topic for the exact time (but it's probably 2000 UTC).
7 >>
8 >> If you're supposed to show up, please show up. If you're not supposed
9 >> to show up, then show up anyways and watch your Council monkeys dance
10 >> for you.
11 >>
12 >> For more info on the Gentoo Council, feel free to browse our homepage:
13 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/
16 > Reiterating the early request, I'd like the council to please discuss
17 > the current status of PMS, if the running of it satisfys the councils
18 > requirements of a *neutral* standard, if the proposed spec actually
19 > meets said standards, and if said spec is actually going to be
20 > approved sometimes this side of '09.
21 >
22 > Effectively, we've watched it essentially progress into a standard
23 > that effectively only the paludis folk are adherent to (if in doubt,
24 > ask portage folk, my sending this mail is indicative of the pkgcore
25 > standpoint)- it's about time the council comment upon it in light of
26 > the general view.
27 >
28 > Yes, ciaran shall comment. My request still stands.
29 > Thanks,
30 > ~harring
31 >
32 I'd honestly like to see an official PMS project page i.e.
33 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/pms/
34
35 On this page it'd be nice if there was an official link to the current
36 PMS instead of having to rely on grabbing it from random locations i.e.
37 d.g.o/~coldwind/ or d.g.o/~spb/
38 --
39 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list