From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:19:30
1 Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > Brian Harring wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 03:06:17AM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> This is your one-day friendly reminder ! The monthly Gentoo Council
6 >>> meeting is tomorrow in #gentoo-council on irc.freenode.net. See the
7 >>> channel topic for the exact time (but it's probably 2000 UTC).
8 >>>
9 >>> If you're supposed to show up, please show up. If you're not supposed
10 >>> to show up, then show up anyways and watch your Council monkeys dance
11 >>> for you.
12 >>>
13 >>> For more info on the Gentoo Council, feel free to browse our homepage:
14 >>> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/
15 >>>
16 >>
17 >> Reiterating the early request, I'd like the council to please discuss
18 >> the current status of PMS, if the running of it satisfys the councils
19 >> requirements of a *neutral* standard, if the proposed spec actually
20 >> meets said standards, and if said spec is actually going to be
21 >> approved sometimes this side of '09.
22 >>
23 >> Effectively, we've watched it essentially progress into a standard
24 >> that effectively only the paludis folk are adherent to (if in doubt,
25 >> ask portage folk, my sending this mail is indicative of the pkgcore
26 >> standpoint)- it's about time the council comment upon it in light of
27 >> the general view.
28 >>
29 >> Yes, ciaran shall comment. My request still stands.
30 >> Thanks,
31 >> ~harring
32 >>
33 > I'd honestly like to see an official PMS project page i.e.
34 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/pms/
35 >
36 > On this page it'd be nice if there was an official link to the current
37 > PMS instead of having to rely on grabbing it from random locations
38 > i.e. d.g.o/~coldwind/ or d.g.o/~spb/
39
40 Allow me to clarify a bit more. I'd like to see a collaborative website
41 that developers for all actively maintained package managers can
42 contribute to and update providing details about compatibility and
43 implementation of the PMS and future additions or revisions of the PMS
44 that will be put forth before the Gentoo Council.
45 --
46 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list