From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2007/08
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 10:55:53
1 Torsten Veller schrieb:
2 > Let me please point out that no infrastructure team member is
3 > on the list right now.
4 >
5 > As infra is often involved in implementing council decisions we should
6 > take care that the information flows. IMHO the easiest way to achieve this
7 > is electing an infra member to the council.
8
9 In the contrary. We should see that not too much power/responsibility is
10 concentrated on a single person.
11
12 Since...
13 a) This guarantees that the council comes to a decision which is not
14 influenced by the (direct and already known) interest of it's members
15 and
16 b) Reduces the risk for Gentoo when someone with more than one key
17 position leaves
18
19 And if someone has to be in a council/whatsoever to get the relevant
20 information, something else is broken. And tweaking the election
21 procedure to reach that someone from a special project is elected is
22 somehow questionable, don't you think?
23
24 Cheers,
25 Tiziano