From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why isn't /root/.bash_profile in the stage tarballs?
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:49:09
1 On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 20:52 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 20 September 2007, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > Also, my plan for this would be add the copying of the .bash* files
4 > > from /etc/skel if and only if USE=build *and* the files do not already
5 > > exist, done during pkg_preinst/pkg_postinst somewhere. This will pull
6 > > it into the stage1 tarball, making it available to everyone on all
7 > > further stages, it keeps it from being done every time someone emerges
8 > > bash, it doesn't stomp on existing files, and it doesn't show up in VDB
9 > > linked to the bash package. Is this acceptable?
10 >
11 > no, bash is not a special case
12 >
13 > why not add an `emerge --config baselayout` to the end of stage3 and i'll do
14 > the /root/ default setup in the baselayout ebuild
15
16 I'd rather not do anything that isn't accomplished automatically by the
17 ebuild when it is being merged. If this really is so objectionable, I'd
18 just assume WONTFIX the request and move on with it.
21 Chris Gianelloni
22 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
23 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
24 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
25 Gentoo Foundation