From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] am I ready to step into Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:47:43
1 On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Federico Ferri <xaero@××××××.it> wrote:
2 >
3 > my computer-related hobbies (or I should say time-killers!) are Tcl
4 > (scripting language) and Pure-Data (multimedia dataflow environment). I
5 > regularly use Pd to create audio/video apps, and Tcl for everything else
6 > that doesn't fit Pd, I've also developed a Tcl-Pd loader, that allows to
7 > code externals for Pd in Tcl.
8 > see my Pd page at [3].
9 >
10 > perhaps that's the category I should belong to...(?)
11 > I keep occasional contact with Tcl developers, so I could bring some love to
12 > the Tcl/Tk Gentoo herd (yes, I am a Tcl/Tk fan, as you can see on my
13 > wikipage at [4])
14 > I've also set up an overlay (pd-overlay, [5]) and used to develop together
15 > with ColdWind (actually a Gentoo dev) ebuilds for EVERY pd external!
16 >
17 > [...]
18 >
19 > so what's going to be my next step into Gentoo? perhaps finding a mentor?
20 > ColdWind would you...? any one else?
23 I'm in contact with Federico, we agreed that the recruitment process
24 will start when the exams are over, but he's going to start slowly
25 working on it before.
26
27 I think he can do good work on tcltk, and who knows if he'll work on
28 bringing PureData to Gentoo too!
29
30 Regards,
31 --