From: "Michael R. Gayeski" <mrgayeski@×××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] documentation-problem
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:36:18
1 On Thursday 13 June 2002 08:15, Stephan Wentz wrote:
2 > where it says
3 > "If you have a PCMCIA card installed, have a quick look into
4 > /etc/init.d/pcmcia to verify that things seem all right for your setup"
5 >
6 > the problem is: there is no file /etc/init.d/pcmcia!
7 > did i miss something? i followed the instructions step-by-step, don't think
8 > i forgot something... or do i have to create that file by myself?
9
10 Did you emerge the pcmcia-cs package? I think the install docs forget to
11 mention that part, but I'm not sure since I have not had to do a Gentoo
12 install for several months. Anyways, try 'emerge pcmcia-cs' and see if that
13 creates the file. If not, it may be a bug, and I'll help you hunt it down. :)
14
15 --mrg
16
17 ------