From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Merging or overwriting KEYWORDS from eclass
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 23:55:36
1 On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 01:53:55AM +0200, Robert Buchholz wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've stumbled upon an inconsitency between package managers the other
5 > day [1], which was due to both an ebuild and an eclass defining
6 > inconsisting KEYWORDS.
7 >
8 > bla-1.ebuild:
9 > inherit myeclass
10 > KEYWORDS="~arch"
11 >
12 > myeclass.eclass:
13 > KEYWORDS="arch"
14 >
15 > Portage will resolve this by overwriting the variable, so the last
16 > (~arch) wins. Paludis, on the other hand, merges the variables, so it
17 > is KEYWORDS="~arch arch".
18 >
19 > The PMS draft [2] defines that "IUSE, DEPEND, RDEPEND and PDEPEND"
20 > variables be merged when defined in both eclass and ebuild (Section
21 > 7.2), but only says "May be defined in an eclass" about KEYWORDS
22 > (Section 8.2).
23 >
24 > Anyone up to toss a coin whose bug it is, and maybe we can have a more
25 > specific wording in the PMS?
26
27 Paludis bug; if you want KEYWORDS incremental, it'll need to be in
28 >=eapi2, too nasty of a change to shoehorn into existing (in use)
29 eapis.
30
31 Cheers,
32 ~harring