From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: New category proposal
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:30:29
1 On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 11:05 -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > I'll be the first alt-arch person to scream, Reiser isn't stable on more
3 > than half the arch's we support, and forcing users to go to one
4 > filesystem just to get decent speed on portage tree searches is silly.
5
6 Besides which, as of latested released kernels Reiser still doesn't have
7 working extended attributes, so SELinux systems can't mount it.
8 Apparently there's a patch kicking around, but forcing people to patch
9 kernels themselves is even sillier.
12 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list