From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: mschiff@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Warn users not to do separate /usr partition without proper initramfs in the handbook?
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:50:12
1 On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 13:30:37 +0200
2 Marc Schiffbauer <mschiff@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > * Pacho Ramos schrieb am 01.08.11 um 13:19 Uhr:
5 > > Having /usr/portage on a different partition will still be
6 > > supported if I understood correctly (at least, it still works fine
7 > > for me even having the rest of /usr under / partition)
8 >
9 > yes. My point was, that if you have a separate /usr you may be ok
10 > with no seperate /usr/portage
11
12 Don't really think so. /usr/portage is a very specific fs, and it's
13 better to always keep it separated. That's one thing which can be
14 restored with a simple 'emerge --sync'.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny