From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: fortran-2.eclass to depend on virtual/fortran
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 18:20:05
1 justin schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to add following change to fortran-2.eclass to achieve more
5 > simpler usage.
6 >
7 > The patch will make the eclass depend on virtual/fortran so that
8 > no manual addition is needed. Two exception are present, a) the
9 > ebuild has the USE flag fortran, then we check for that, or b) the
10 > FORTRAN_OPTIONAL variable is set, which leaves the control to the
11 > ebuild (e.g. for cases like "lapack? ( virtual/fortran )").
12
13 I suggest that you do something similar to the XORG_DRI variable in
14 xorg-2.eclass.
15
16 For example:
17 FORTRAN_WANT_COMPILER=no would not add a virtual/fortran dependency
18 FORTRAN_WANT_COMPILER=always would unconditionally depend on
19 virtual/fortran
20 FORTRAN_WANT_COMPILER=useflag would depend on useflag? ( virtual/fortran )
21
22 To avoid breaking existing packages, you could default to
23 FORTRAN_WANT_COMPILER=fortran
26 Best regards,
27 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn