From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: fortran-2.eclass to depend on virtual/fortran
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 18:57:20
1 On 10/7/12 8:19 PM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > justin schrieb:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I want to add following change to fortran-2.eclass to achieve more
6 >> simpler usage.
7 >>
8 >> The patch will make the eclass depend on virtual/fortran so that
9 >> no manual addition is needed. Two exception are present, a) the
10 >> ebuild has the USE flag fortran, then we check for that, or b) the
11 >> FORTRAN_OPTIONAL variable is set, which leaves the control to the
12 >> ebuild (e.g. for cases like "lapack? ( virtual/fortran )").
13 >
14 > I suggest that you do something similar to the XORG_DRI variable in
15 > xorg-2.eclass.
16 >
17 > For example:
18 > FORTRAN_WANT_COMPILER=no would not add a virtual/fortran dependency
19 > FORTRAN_WANT_COMPILER=always would unconditionally depend on
20 > virtual/fortran
21 > FORTRAN_WANT_COMPILER=useflag would depend on useflag? ( virtual/fortran )
22 >
23 > To avoid breaking existing packages, you could default to
24 > FORTRAN_WANT_COMPILER=fortran
27 > Best regards,
28 > Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
32 Thanks for that suggestion. Please find the new version attached. It
33 basically follows what is done in the xorg-2.eclass. But we allow a list
34 of USE and don't allow a no, because the eclass itself needs a fortran
35 compiler.
36
37 Thanks,
38 justin