From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: autotools-multilib-minimal
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:12:51
1 El dom, 24-02-2013 a las 15:57 +0100, Michał Górny escribió:
2 [...]
3 > > d) the previous point will also allow to convert go-mono.eclass packages
4 > > without introducing yet another eclass for that
5 >
6 > So you're introducing a hacky eclass just because you're too lazy to
7 > convert go-mono packages properly and too impatient to let others do
8 > the work properly for you?
9
10 Would be nice to know what autotools-utils.eclass is doing differently
11 that is showing this problem with go-mono.eclass packages :/
12
13 Only one question, what is the reason for us having base.eclass and
14 autotools-utils.eclass? I still try to use plain ebuilds without
15 inheritting autotools-utils.eclass as I usually don't need it, probably
16 others do the same and refuse to have to inherit it only for multilib
17 support :/ How do you plan to solve this problem?
18
19 I would also like to hear why that people refuses to use
20 autotools-utils.eclass... because I don't have a strong opinion on this
21 topic