From: Martin Owens <martin@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Drivers/Portage
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:34:40
1 I think I ort to make myself a little clearer.
2
3 it's not about auto detection / auto configuration. it's about information
4 gathering and resources, sure auto configuration is an option at a much later
5 stage but I'd much prefere a system that provides information to the usrs as
6 a primary goal.
7
8 The most important part is creating/generating unique id's for hardware that
9 you can match the information up to. then if the system gets it wrong or
10 dosn't have any information allowing the users to input new data (subject to
11 review) which can then be used to expand and revise the information.
12
13 -- DoctorMO --
14