From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Fixing elasticsearch maintainer
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 16:38:41
1 Ohey,
2
3 as you might have noticed I've just corrected the metadata.xml of all
4 elasticsearch-related packages.
5 For some strange reason I was listed there as maintainer, but since no
6 one wanted to listen to my ideas I guess I wasn't. So now last person
7 who touched it gets stuck with it.
8
9 Since proxy-maint refuses to be removed from packages (especially since
10 they were unconditionally added to all packages with a non-gentoo-dev
11 maintainer in metadata) they are the de facto maintainers, and overrule
12 everything else.
13 I've tried multiple strategies including removing them from metadata,
14 but ... see app-admin/elasticsearch, proxy-maint is like the toe fungus
15 that always comes back (e.g. commit
16 f0925c10834464e62ce7209f2afa7797b594d350 )
17
18 Sometimes it's almost absurdly funny, especially when you commit
19 RESTRICT="test" because tests fail reliably just to have that reverted.
20 (See dev-python/elasticsearch-py )
21
22 Bonus mention:
23 bbdc5412061adf598ed935697441a7d6b05f7614
24 app-admin/logstash-bin: drop old
25
26 Signed-off-by: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
27
28 That removed the versions I was using, so I better maintain the versions
29 I use in an overlay. Well ok then.
30
31 Since I, as maintainer, can't ... anything, well [CENSORED] this, now
32 they are your packages. Don't try to reassign or drop them: You've
33 demanded, insisted, to be maintainers ... wish granted.
34
35 So, err, well, is like ... wtf? I'm not sure how this all makes sense,
36 but it's Not My Problem now. Take care now, bye bye then.
37
38 Oh, and Erki Ferenc was in metadata too, he's been inactive but told me
39 that he wants to continue maintaining these packages in the near future.
40 If he asks I'd recommend adding him back.
41
42 Patrick
43
44 P.S. If this sounds a bit incoherent, well ... the whole situation is, I
45 have no idea what's going on or why I was in metadata ;)