From: Owen Gunden <ogunden@××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Winex-cvs being removed from portage?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 03:47:28
1 On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 10:01:37PM -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > How about because they asked us to? Essentially, we have been asked to
3 > not create an automated process to allow a user to install winex from
4 > cvs. The anonymous cvs is there for people to assist in development
5 > with winex. Technically, there is nothing stopping us from continuing
6 > to provide winex-cvs ebuilds. However, Gentoo is part of a larger
7 > community and quite simply, you don't maintain your status as a useful
8 > member of the community if you go around pissing off your neighbors. In
9 > fact, there is nothing keeping Transgaming from pulling the anonymous
10 > cvs access for the winex sources from sourceforge and making it
11 > available to subscriber's only.
12
13 Then why is the anonymous cvs access available in the first place? Also,
14 are you sure they don't have to release the source because of the GPL?
15 IANAL, and I certainly don't know what I'm talking about. Just wondering.
16
17 Owen
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list