From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLEP 19 -- Gentoo Stable Portage Tree
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:59:01
1 On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 03:07:43PM +0200 or thereabouts, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > And, right now I'm thinking about the developer end of things. It'd be more
3 > comfortable for me to work with a single cvs tree and keywords. Fixing up the
4 > rsync end is an implementation detail :-)
5
6 For most cases, this would be exactly how things work -- you use the main
7 CVS tree and just have an extra set of keywords to administer.
8
9 The only time you'll have to deal with a separate tree is for off-cycle
10 updates, which are comprised of security updates and major bugfixes. IMO,
11 this is infrequent enough to outweigh any potential inconveniences to the
12 dev team.
13
14 --kurt