From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New network config for baselayout-ng
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 20:28:44
1 On Friday 09 February 2007, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 02:10 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > that really isnt a valid stance to take with the package in question ...
4 > > by this logic, i can turn around and screw with the toolchain and if no
5 > > one likes what i'm doing, then that's their problem and they can go fork
6 > > themselves
7 >
8 > No. It fully applies. Notice I responded to him talking about
9 > "baselayout-ng", which was after he'd already decided to leave the
10 > current baselayout alone. So yes, he is completely free to do with it
11 > as he wishes. If we don't like it, we just stick with the "old"
12 > baselayout.
13
14 forking the package is retarded. maintain backward compability and there's no
15 reason to fork it. baselayout isnt Roy's package, it isnt my package, it
16 isnt anyone's. it belongs to Gentoo as a whole which means changes to it
17 affect everyone in the distribution.
18 -mike