From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:11:32
1 On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 11:13:16PM +0200, Christian Birchinger wrote:
2 > Then you remove the profile just like you would remove any piece
3 > of software where the license is unacceptable.
4
5 Please look a bit up in the thread, my point was not only the profile
6 but integrating a package manager we have no control over.
7
8 > The arguments are getting more and more "creative". It's almost
9 > like asking what we will do when gcc turns into a commercial
10 > product.
11
12 The package manager is a central piece, if we ever want to change our
13 package manager we really should think about problems like that.
14
15 > Please try to stay realistic and don't invent strange new
16 > theoretical problems.
17
18 Better safe then sorry.
19
20 cheers,
21 Wernfried
24 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
25 Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
26 IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org