From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [LARGE MESSAGE] Media-sound reorganization!
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:12:08
1 On Sunday 07 November 2004 13:05, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 05:36:02 +0900 Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
3 > Too many categories. TOOOO MAAAANNNNYYY CATEGORIES!!! Split 'em up,
4 > sure, but don't go overboard... 20 to 50 packages per toplevel is
5 > probably a reasonable target.
6
7 So, can we finally get something decided on arbitrary depth categories?
8
9 Not to put any additional pressure on portage devs, they are overworked as it
10 is already, but just something like "yea, its a good thing, we can do it
11 after such and such features are implemented" or "nah, we are going to just
12 go with a flat list of packages in the future and resort to searches
13 anyway" (to make both camps happy ;)). The tree, the way it is now, clearly
14 does not scale.
15
16 George
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list