From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] User support system [WAS: Sunrise contemplations]
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:55:19
1 * Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 Hi folks,
4
5 just a few thoughts:
6
7 > So yes, I'd love to see something like this someday. And I'd love to
8 > help implementing it if such a decision was taken. But the question
9 > remains : it obviously looks useful, but do we need it ?
10
11 I already suggested an bug-reporting tool, which automatically
12 collects all the necessary data, several weeks ago. This tool is
13 simply called by commandline and asks the users several questions.
14 Then it files an bug with some certain syntax and uploads necessary
15 information (emerge --info, pkg-db extracts, ...).
16
17 Maybe this also could take some load from the bug wranglers, because
18 based on the user's answers, the bugs could be formatted and assigned
19 to the right persons without manual interaction.
20
21 I also like to have such an tool, and like to contribute.
22
23 So, now, let's start :)
24
25 Some points which (IMHO) have to be discussed:
26
27 * shall we directly access BGO ?
28 * what data should be sent ?
29 * how to gather this data (directly look into /var/db/pkg) ?
30 * what questions should be asked ?
31 * should this tool create usual bugs or separate user-support bugs ?
34 cu
35 --
37 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
39 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
40 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
41 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
42 http://patches.metux.de/
44 --
45 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list