From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Grouping with profiles
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:28:48
1 On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 17:23 -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Personally, I think the groups should be well defined and quite
3 > specific. After all, we are simply trying to reduce the number of
4 > things a person needs to configure in make.conf, not make it so a person
5 > can USE="@GNOME" and expect it to give them everything they would want
6 > (or are we?) for a Gnome desktop. I think if we were going to do that,
7 > then our best bet would be to start using profiles to add a bunch of
8 > stuff. After
9 > all, /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2004.3/desktop/gnome sounds
10 > like a winner.
11
12 This is a great idea. I brought it up to lanius the other day, looking
13 for a place to default to on with USE=ppds. desktop/make.defaults would
14 be ideal.