From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Overriding/disabling MD5 checksums
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:24:02
1 On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 01:21:56AM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
2
3 > So do you want me to create a new ebuild 5 days a week? And the end-user
4 > would have to 'emerge rsync' 5 days a week to emerge the latest version?
5 >
6 > Now, we (pm and I) have spoken to the linuxdoc.org guy, and he's agreed to
7 > make archives with timestamps in their filenames. But, mirrors probably won't
8 > be keeping more than two or three old versions. So again we need to update
9 > *something* 5 days/week.
10 >
11 > What do you propose?
12 >
13 > (Someone should include MD5 checksums as a server-side function in the
14 > http/ftp protocols. :-)
15
16 What I'd like you to do is build a howto ebuild as normal, for the most recent
17 version currently available, and update it maybe once a month. If the
18 linuxdoc.org people don't keep a big archive backlog, you should send the
19 archive you use to achim so he can add it to ibiblio.org.
20
21 Best Regards,
24 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
25 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org