From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Spider <spider@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New PKGDIR=$PORTDIR/packages/$CHOST
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 11:57:34
1 On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 07:41, Spider wrote:
2 > begin quote
3 > On 01 Aug 2004 06:30:47 -0400
4 > Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
7 > > Great... no objections! Next step is to having somebody make an
8 > > announcement in the GWN so that those of you using a $BINHOST that
9 > > missed this thread will expect this change coming as it's a profile
10 > > change.
13 > Okay, as one of the binary repo maintainers I'm all for this as it
14 > simplifies it further for me, currently we do binhost/arch/All.. . for
15 > exports, And this will cut down some on it.. or add to it.. :P
16 >
17 > ah. well. I trust the portage devs will take care of informing us on the
18 > new bright path and then leave it alone as "binary stable" for a year or
19 > two.
20
21 I was instructed by portage devs to inform you/gwn/users of the proposed
22 change. (give/take time to pan it out)
23
24 Sweet this will indeed help you. We can for example take the case of x86
25 on x86 we support x86:glibc x86:uclibc x86:obsd. That's 3 full different
26 USERLANDS all of which we can could in theory provide binary packages
27 under the same ARCH but for which all have unique CHOSTS.
31 > //Spider
32 --
33 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
34 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer